Sunday, February 21, 2016

Taco Time (part 1) ft. Bricks

When I was sixteen I worked at a Mexican fast-food restaurant. 
I mainly worked drive thru.
"Thank you for choosing Taco Time, this week you can get a free drink with any Nacho Grande, go ahead and order whenever you're ready."
Nice, right?

The first three months I actually had a pretty good time.
I guess I'm lucky though, because I enjoy working.
And unlimited mexi-ice samples were pretty nice. 

Anyway, there was this one guy who would come through often.
He always wore a green flannel
and his long, gray hair in a low pony tail.
He would order two kids meals, two crisp bean burritos and a large Coke. 
When I handed him his food he would thank me,
smile,
and hand me a $1 bill.

Drive thru cashiers don't usually get tips.
Thanks, ponytail guy.

Different people add bricks along your path through life.
It can be anyone,
family,
friends,
church leaders,
coaches,
even people that come and order a burrito at your minimum wage, dead end job. 

Especially those people.

They add to your boring six hour shift. 
They're remembered for the strangest things.
And they are all another brick.

3 comments:

  1. You have the most beautiful mind and I'm so glad you're on the blogs because you add something new & important every time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive had people like that at my jobs too, they walk in all the time and you know exactly what they'll say and what they'll order, they're my favorite customers
    I really like this post

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone needs to read this. it's so so so important. this is my favorite bricks post.

    ReplyDelete