Sunday, February 7, 2016

H A T S

Sometimes I find a new hat and I think "Sweet, I like this one."
I throw it on, I feel great and I go on my way.
Over time that hat becomes worn
And it loses its shape.
But for some reason I can't seem to let it go.

Maybe I hold on because I used to love it.
Maybe because of all the compliments I got.
Maybe because my friends told me it personified who I was.

Maybe I was just scared to let it go.

But despite my fear, I took a chance.

A hat is not apart of who you are.
Its an accessory.
Its not at all necessary.

So if you have your own old hat,
and you're too scared to let it go,
because you're afraid of change,
or you're afraid of what your friends will think,
or you don't think you'll find another that fits this well,

Take a leap.

Let it go.

Breathe.

You're not here to impress anyone.
You're here to smile in the sunshine
and breathe some fresh air.

Change is something to celebrate, not worry about.

So send your hat to D.I. because someone else will love it.
And treat yourself to something new.
Because as long as you're willing to try again
a new, beautiful hat will come your way.

2 comments:

  1. Your voice is so natural and your ideas are important. You've got it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are so happy. That's such a good thing

    ReplyDelete